Thread: SAT maths 1 syllabus

Hybrid View

SAT maths 1 syllabus

Hello,

I am a teacher in a uk college. We do not offer SAT exams but one of the students has asked me to tutor them for their SAT Maths 1 which they are planning to sit independently. I have found some good resources but have been unable to find a detailed syllabus which tells you exactly what you need to know for the exams.

For example, are logarithms included in the Maths 1 exam or not? This resource papers.xtremepapers.com...) says on page 281:

EXPONENTS AND LOGARITHMS
    This section contains topics from advanced algebra. As such, these topics in this section are of
    importance to those taking the Level 2 test. Students taking the Level 1 test can move on to
    the next section.

While this link to the SAT maths 1 syllabus recommended on a yahoo answers forum
    .sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/math1c/

has a section on logarithms sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/math1c/chapter4section11.rhtm

If anyone knows where I could find a definitive detailed syllabus I would be very grateful. The more detailed the better please (as another example are students required to solve non-linear simultaneous equations?)

Many thanks.
    Last edited by sat math; 11-11-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Take a look to the following link
    http://sat.collegeboard.org/SAT/publ...ject-tests.pdf at page 16

Hope this help!!